Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Equinox prayer

Harbin Hot Springs Temple by SunRay Kelley.Quote on photo by Tom Gibson:
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations.

I may not reach them but I can look up and see their beauty,
believe in them and try to follow them."  —Louisa May Alcott

 



equinox equanimity ... sage smudge in spiral temple
tugging beard to crickets ... pillow tattoo upon soul

i am sorry if I ever made anyone feel uncomfortable by my actions
and i am sorry if i stopped myself in the mistaken fear that i would

i apologize that i underestimated the resiliencefortitude of others
and stopped myself from fully acting because of that doubt

i open to the possibility of endless wonder and complete permission
in innate intuition of the safe surrounds of myself and my community

 

2 comments:

  1. This poemprayer felt like a deep breath to me. Thank you. I especially love: "i am sorry if I ever made anyone feel uncomfortable by my actions
    and i am sorry if i stopped myself in the mistaken fear that i would" Repeating it for myself even now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel, This poem in its entirety, image and all, inspired me to step into the field again, the art-wit field. Thank you. I've been meaning to let you know. I think my choice of 'art' in my art-wit piece came through inspiration of watching you over the years in your 'fighting with poems,' which from my view here has been a beautiful dance! Thank you, again.

    ReplyDelete