Tuesday, December 20, 2011

rock seed river: flow

let my mouth be a river
and the fury, flurry, and sinew of water always on the move
of thoughts flung free from pool and eddy
to ripple and verve within the dugout parts of me
let it ride let the water always be clear,
the translucent ripples of me flowing.

allow the world as water washing through me
bring to the fount of my mouth -
and through - a continuous waterfall
of verse, uni- and poly-, the many rivers
rivering up and through.

let me be a gracious grateful and graceful riverbank
which is also ever changing:
now the water dislodges one dark pearl
this poem this black roundling to burnish me
tumble and jumble and hollow me
make clacking music with other river poem rocks
now the water dislodges one dark pearl
this poem this black roundling to burnish me
inside and out, a seed of water's dark wholeness
carrying to the ocean of birth.



near winter solstice '2011

No comments:

Post a Comment