Sunday, April 22, 2012

sweet slicing


pear balanced knife
   sweet slicing
        invites
      
        MORPH

I am shorter than ever
& totally female
& standing in combat boots
with “Negotiator” blazed
across my back
& one nasty black luger
on my right hip

that said to the poet (drinking coffee at a table)
“she’d win a lot of negotiations with that luger on her hip,
& put their feet in cement & turn the hose on”

oh how the poet digresses
I just wanted a short cap &
saw the goateed older guy staring with interest so I gave him a nod,
no smile nothing but a nod
& walked out with my short cap
& left him with his words to write.

1 comment:

  1. I like this very much *J*. I like imagining it is from the perspective of the pear, "shorter than ever / & totally female" which makes the rest of the poem so intriguingly fanciful. i also see you, there, "staring with interest."

    ReplyDelete