Saturday, September 24, 2011

I (earth)

I (earth)

I (earth) sit on my deck under my sun
& hear sounds of children on the playground yelling, shrieking and bellowing
crows sound from above squawking
autumnal train whistles resound
my sun warms me, soft September breezes brush my skin with the moment’s liquid butter filming

“Accept the things,”  I (earth) cannot change
 My orbit
 My people
 Population growth
 My sun
 All things water
 All things fire
 All things air

Grant me (earth) the courage to “change the things I can”
My belief
  in my power over the universe
  in my everlasting existence
My resentment
  of my dependence on the sun to sustain life on my terms
  of  water/fire and air that do as they please
  of the overwhelming weight of gravity

& “the wisdom to know the difference”
between heaven and earth
amen
  

No comments:

Post a Comment